Restoring data from Backup

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:01 am

Originally posted by Geordie lass

Hi,

I had a total disaster yesterday when I my hard drive crashed and I had to " Erase and Install" . All my files/documents etc were backed up using Backup and I've been able to restore almost everything execept my iFamily data. Backup says its successfully restored the iFamily files but I can't open them - please can you help me I'm not the most computer literate of people and I'm in panic mode in case I've lost everything.
Thanks

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:27 am

Geordie lass wrote:Hi,

I had a total disaster yesterday when I my hard drive crashed and I had to " Erase and Install" . All my files/documents etc were backed up using Backup and I've been able to restore almost everything execept my iFamily data. Backup says its successfully restored the iFamily files but I can't open them - please can you help me I'm not the most computer literate of people and I'm in panic mode in case I've lost everything.
Thanks
Hi,
The iFamily for Tiger databases are stored in a folder called /Users/username/iFamilyForTigerData.
The file extension for an iFamily database is .FtkSql

1. Start iFamily for Tiger
2. Go to menu option File - Open
3. Select the database thet you need from the folder called iFamilyForTigerData

If you still have a problem then email me directly at keith@ifamilyforleopard.com

Regards, Keith