Divorce date

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Divorce date

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:06 am

suecarla wrote:I love this program, especially importing photos and the way they are viewed. Is there a way to show a divorce date?

Carla
Hi Carla,

A Divorce is an event that is related to a Marriage - if you have not been married then you can't get divorced - so ..

1. Open the Family Dialog as follows:

a) select a person in the context diagram and drag a line to his/her spouse and then let go of the mouse button.

or
b) select the person in the diagram and then click the up arrow in the centre top of the Family Panel

or
c) if the person is shown as a child in the Family Panel click on the asterisk in the second column in the table of children.

or
d) in the Family Panel click on the button to the right of the Marriage Notes field.

2. Now that you have the Family Dialog open:

a) Click on Other Marriage Events and make sure that the button with the + is showing - the table of Other Marriage Events now showing

b) Click on the + button

c) Select the type of Marriage Event you want (a Divorce) and enter the details.

The Divorce event will now be listed in the table of Other Marriage Events in the Family Dialog

The Divorce event will also be shown in the list of events when you view the person's Events Panel

In all the above please distinguish between the words Panel and Dialog.

- I am using Panel to mean the lower half of the main window - the one you see when you click on one of the tabs along the bottom edge of the main window.

- On the other hand I am using Dialog to mean a window that pops up on top of the main window.

Keith