Force Quit

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Force Quit

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:10 am

KevP wrote:BACKGROUND
I collect a lot of census information from the UK census. I make a census record a source as in most cases it references many people. In some instances I also capture an image of the original census entry as I need to reference back to them. I copy the transcription to the image and it's attached to the source. The JPG file is in the Pictures directory of the IFamilyForTiger directory. It is not an alias.

TNG has a field for the age of the person in the census. This never exports into any program along with a lot of other things. So I have imported from my master database which used to be The Master Genealogist (TMG). I had the Gedcom file before I jettisioned Windows from every PC in the house D

The ages entered for the censuses don't come across either, but it's no great problem.

THE ISSUE

But here is the problem I am getting. On a few people I am entering the age into the " Events Notes" field for the event. Here is what happens.

I select the person and go to the events tab. I select the event and press the Edit button.
Now I need to get to the transcription to get the age as recorded in the census, so I then

Press the " Sources" button which opens on the source for this event. I can see the small thumbnail for the Jpeg image of the census.

I right click on the JPG and select " Transcribe" . The window opens and I can see the image and it's transcription, but that is the end of the program.

Clicking on anything in this window has no effect on anything. The Close button does not work. The only thing that is not grayed out is the green maximumise button on the window with the title " Edit Personal Event" and this maximises the Window behind.

A lot of the menu options are also grayed out. The only way out of this is to force quit the program from the Apple menu.

Can anyone else replicate this problem or is it me?
Hi Kevin,

Very many thanks for your bug report. From your detailed description it is easy for any Cocoa programmer to immediately see the cause of the problem.

It will be fixed in V1.211.

BTW I know that you are using V1.210 because you Registered it when you installed it, but others may not know which version you are using.

Keith