Problem Linking pictures on Source Edit form

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Problem Linking pictures on Source Edit form

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:43 am

dbgnvan wrote:When I was editing a source record ( Sources Edit ) I noticed that the picture ( a jpeg of a passenger list ) was no longer linked because I had moved the directory were I keep these documents. So I just re added the file from the new directory. Then the program hung. I could use the keyboard in a limited way, but not the mouse. I had to FORCE QUIT the program.

I have tried this several times, with the same end result. Twice I got an error message " Could not establish symbolic link to alias file " I can't replicate the issue exactly, but deleting and replacing a file seems to hang the program. ( of course one shouldn't normally, delete and replace very often, but over time I want to clean up the pictures, so this could easily happen on a regular basis ).

dave
Thanks for your bug report. Will investigate as top priority. Unfortunately I have not yet been able to emulate your exact problem that requires a Force Quit but I have noticed that both Finder and and iPhoto6 are doing unexpected things when an aliased file is moved or copied. May have to ask Apple for assistance on this one. In the meantime if you use the Copy function (as you have found) in the Edit Pictures dialog this will avoid any problem with incorrect handling of aliased files.

Keith