Add a Sibling

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Yvonne

Add a Sibling

Post by Yvonne » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:02 pm

Please can you help
I wish to add a sibling and as yet do not have parents for these children.I can't see how to get around this, probably easy when you know how .
Thanks
Yvonne
Yvonne

alid62

add a sibling

Post by alid62 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:24 pm

I'm sure there's a cleverer way, but what I do in that situation is create 'phantom' parents to attach the children to e.g. Mr Smith and Mrs Smith (use whatever your surname is) which allows you to continue until you get the evidence for what they are actually called. Also works the other way for "Child Smith" when you know they exist, but don't know what the name is.

Hope that helps,

Alison

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Re: add a sibling

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:52 am

alid62 wrote:I'm sure there's a cleverer way, but what I do in that situation is create 'phantom' parents to attach the children to e.g. Mr Smith and Mrs Smith (use whatever your surname is) which allows you to continue until you get the evidence for what they are actually called. Also works the other way for "Child Smith" when you know they exist, but don't know what the name is. Hope that helps, Alison
What you say is correct and there is no other "cleverer" way to do it.

Keith

Yvonne

Post by Yvonne » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:35 pm

Thank you both,I did I that way last night.I saw your reply today
Thank you both wish I did not have to ask these questions but I am sure there will be more from me as time goes on. :roll:
Yvonne