Italics in fields

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
jke98226

Italics in fields

Post by jke98226 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:12 am

My specific need is to break away from the built-in source format and add freeform source information; in doing so I would like to italicize certain words (titles) when appropriate. When I tried to change the font, it changed the entire field. Am I missing something? My limited knowledge of databases leads me to believe this may be difficult to capture. At the risk of corruption, I also tried HTML tags to no avail.

Thanks,
Jon

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Re: Italics in fields

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:18 am

jke98226 wrote:My specific need is to break away from the built-in source format and add freeform source information; in doing so I would like to italicize certain words (titles) when appropriate. When I tried to change the font, it changed the entire field. Am I missing something? My limited knowledge of databases leads me to believe this may be difficult to capture. At the risk of corruption, I also tried HTML tags to no avail. Thanks, Jon
Hi Jon

Although the database allows storage of text attributes (e.g. italics. bold, ...) it has not been implemented. At the lower left of the Sources Add/Edit dialog there is a button called "Insert Labels" that allows you to create a set of labels, insert them into the notes and then add appropriate data against each label. You can create as many sets of labels as you like. Maybe that function does what you need.

Keith

jke98226

Re: Italics in fields

Post by jke98226 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:17 am

That will work. On a somewhat related note, It would be helpful to either duplicate a source or copy to an existing source to a new source. For example, a death index to a different death index, or census source record.

Thanks,
Jon