Newbie questions about sources

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
bigbigblue

Newbie questions about sources

Post by bigbigblue » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:24 pm

I am fairly new to Genealogy, and very new to iFamily for Leopard, so please bear with me.

I understand about adding sources, making a source the active source etc, but I am still a bit confused regarding Source Images and viewing them.

In the "Add source" pane, you can only add one image for a source, so where the source is a multi page source, should I add a source reference for each page? If not, how do I handle them.

How do I view an image for a source? The only way I have found of viewing a full size image is to go to the source pane for a person, select the source reference, to get the source edit pane up, right click on the source image and select "open with". This seems rather long winded (a LOT of mouse clicks to view an image). Is there an easier way of seeing the full size image?

Thanks and a happy new year to everyone.
Pete

Joe

Get an Answer??

Post by Joe » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Peter: Did you ever get a reply to this question? I&#39m interested too. ALso, is it a good idea to save .jpg and/or .pdf images of documents (like census pages) within iFamily? I suspect that a loth of these may make the program run slo.
Joew