Connecting disconnected children

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
gerard35

Post by gerard35 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:09 pm

SORRY, I FORGOT SUBJECT LINE AND DID NOT CHECK "NOTIFY ME" OF REPLY IN THIS POSTING.

I intentionally disconnected ten children from a couple in error, but they really are their biological children. They are listed a step children of the FATHER ONLY with no connection to the mother. I want to have them as the biological children of the couple.

When I try to connect them to the father, the box containing my choices of people to connect do not contain any of the children. I have changed the filter to a very wide range of ages, and it still does not list them. (By the way, why are the people listed alphabetically by first names??)

When I try to connect them to the mother and start by clicking on her pink box, the drop down menu does not include any choices to reconnect anyone.

What do I do?

scutler

Post by scutler » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:00 am

If the children are listed as step-children of the Father, then the following should work.

1. Double-click the Father&#39s box in the Context Diagram so that he becomes the Focal Person
2. The children should now be showing in their boxes to the left of the Father. There should be a line running from each child to the Father
3. Click on the "S" in the middle of the line.
4. The dialog Parent to Child Relationship will appear
5. Select "Natural father of"
6. Close the dialog
7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 for each child

If the Mother is not showing in a box below the Father&#39s box, you will need to add her as a Wife of the Father by control-click or right-click on the Father and choosing "Attach an existing person as a spouse".

To connect the children to the Mother -

1. With the Father as the Focal Person, left-click on the Mother&#39s box, drag a line to the first child&#39s box and let go
2. The Parent to Child Relationship dialog will appear
3. Select "Natural Mother of"
4. Close the dialog
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 for each child

Hope this helps,
Sue

gerard35

DISCONNECTED CHILDREN

Post by gerard35 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Sue, you are the BEST!! It was very easy, and it worked!

Yesterday, I also posted several questions under the subject "NEW USER QUESTIONS". Can you help me with any of those?

Judi