Consanguinity with focal person

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
gerard35

Post by gerard35 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:21 pm

I accidentally found how to show the consanguinity of each person to the focal person (namely, me). I love it. I can tell by looking at each person&#39s little box on a diagram how they are related to me.

However, I (also accidentally by fooling around with the "preferences") disengaged that function.

How do I get it back?

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:27 pm

If you have a mighty mouse, using the scrollwheel over the focal person will switch between 12 options including consanguinuity, cause of death, or the last change date for that person in the databsae.

If it is still not showing on the diagram then create an ancestral view for the focal person by clicking on the "A/PV" button at the top then the "Create Ancestral view for Focal Person" button.

You can also change between the 12 options in the Context Diagram preferences should you not have a scroll wheel. It&#39s the drop down box at the top of the dialog when you click the Light Switch button in the top middle of the iFamily window.
Last edited by Warwick Wilson on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

gerard35

Post by gerard35 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:02 pm

Thanks so much, Warwick. I have done all that and I know the consanguinity is shown when you scroll over each person&#39s box on the diagram.

What I had done before resulted in the consanguinity being shown on each person&#39s little box ALL THE TIME. It was part of the info in the box. As I worked along it remained. I think it had to do with creating an ancestral view for myself.