Copying Duplicating Events to other persons

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
dbgnvan

Copying Duplicating Events to other persons

Post by dbgnvan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:42 pm

I am adding deed information ( or probates ) to indicate when and where and what folks are doing. Very often there are multiple people on the deed and I would like to create one event record and the copy it to the other people involved. eg. Husband sells, but wife has to sign to give up dowry. Or all the children sign to release any claims on the property.

thanks!

Dave Galloway
North Vancouver, BC Canada

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:36 am

There is a two step process built into iFamily for this purpose.

Firstly, while looking at the events table, right-click (or ctrl-click) on the first event you have created and select "Make it the Active Event" from the popup context menu.

Change the focus on the context diagram to the relevant family member, then right-click on the event table and select "Clone the active event ...". A copy of the first event record will then be present and editable in the second persons event table.

While this is not a one-click "immediate family duplication of event" and involves some degree of fiddling, it is a robust method of reducing your data entry.

Clicking on the little up arrow in the first column of the events table will then allow you to change the event type or the details of that event as they relate to the new family member.