Highlighting A Direct Ancestor In Each Generation

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
familyhunter

Highlighting A Direct Ancestor In Each Generation

Post by familyhunter » Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Just having a ball with iFamily. I have a surname I would like to "highlight" in each of 12 consecutive generations. This could be in a distinct color, or a bolder frame around these names. It would be nice to see this both on the contextual chart, and then also on large wall charts which I would like to distribute to family members. My ancestors had very,very large families. With many siblings in each family it would be really useful to see one name stand out for each generation. Does anyone know how this could be done?
Have a good day

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Sat May 02, 2009 7:41 am

A quick response, I&#39ll elaborate more later on.

The [Ancestral/Project View] button, marked on the image below, will allow you to create a set of people with a commonality such as a surname.

Once you have created a new view and set it as the current view, you are then able to [option-click] people on the iFamily context diagram and it will add them to that view.

In my example below I have changed the colour of the "Ancestral View" to bright red using the colours button indicated.

I don&#39t think there is a way to add people to a non ancestral view except by the "select off the diagram" method. I will investigate further.