How to add parents of in-laws?

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
jsulcer

Post by jsulcer » Sun May 03, 2009 7:23 pm

I make the individual the focal person. Then I click on the up arrow to the left of that individual&#39s name. A window pops up and I can see towards the top where I want to input the parents names but for the life of me I cannot figure how to be able to type within that area.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Mon May 04, 2009 7:11 am

Hi jsulcer,

The area marked on the personal details pane below is not designed for data entry:

This list is generated automatically by iFamily reflecting your database.

It will display the Natural, Step, Adopted and Foster Parents of the individual, but not currently the in-laws.

Warwick.

jsulcer

Post by jsulcer » Mon May 04, 2009 3:36 pm

How, then, do I enter these people? For example, I&#39ve entered my parentage and our children. Now I want to enter my wife&#39s parents--how do I do that, specifically?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

alid62

Post by alid62 » Mon May 04, 2009 7:37 pm

In &#39preferences&#39 make sure that &#39ghost outlines&#39 is checked on. Back in the main pane double click on your wife&#39s name, with her as the focal person you will be able to enter data on parents carrying on back as far as you like!

Hope that helps!

jsulcer

Post by jsulcer » Mon May 04, 2009 9:07 pm

ghost outlines is checked. Wife is focal person. Still no where to enter her parents--if I click on the arrow to the left of her name I get the area shown in earlier post by Warwick--not a "live" area. I still cannot do this--can you be more specific?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi,

You enter the names of the Mother and Father on the Diagram in the ghost outline boxes.

If you click in one it will put the Surname (if Male) and the gender and will allow you to enter the Given names.

One the person has been entered you can add the extra details in the person or family cards at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps.

Ngiel

jsulcer

Post by jsulcer » Mon May 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Aha! That works! Thank you , thank you, thank you!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")