Entering dates

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
bohdan

Entering dates

Post by bohdan » Wed May 13, 2009 9:37 pm

I love the simplicity of the software, but seem to have problems entering dates. For example, I entered variations of December 20, 2008 and keep getting the warning pop-up box. To me it does not appear to be self explanatory.

I am a fairly new user and appreciate that there is probably a simple answer.

Is there a manual?

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Wed May 13, 2009 11:09 pm

After some testing, the american style dates do seem to not work in version 2.500. It must have been broken in a recent release, I will find and fix this.

Entering "20 Dec 2008", "20/12/2008", "20 12 2008" or "20 December 2008" will work for the time being.

Prepending the date with "about", "abt", "circa", "c" is working. For example "about 20 Dec 2008".

No Manual at the moment but i&#39m working on a pdf. There is a "missing Manual" section on the forum which denotes the shortcut keys.
http://ifamilyforleopard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=539

Thanks,
Warwick.

Barb

Dates

Post by Barb » Sat May 16, 2009 10:14 pm

I just exported a file from MFT to Ifamily. All of the dates in the old program are MM/dd/yyyy. All of the dates came over incorrectly to the Ifamily. I have 0001, 0002, etc for the dates. How can I change this globally? I just read that all dates are accepted in Ifamily.

Barb

Exported dated incorrect

Post by Barb » Sun May 17, 2009 1:12 pm

I just found a way to correct the dates on the forum, but it doesn&#39t work the way it indicated. It gives you a choice to convert it to DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY. I highlighted the date and chose to convert the date to the American date, but it converts it to the European date. I have tried it 4 times and all 4 times the date 0001 has been converted to DD/MM/YYYY.
What say you? Thanks