People alive at a given date

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Is it possible to generate a report with list of all those people who were alive at a date of my choosing? (I wouldn&#39t have any problem with a large list that included those without a death date as these could easily be ignored if thought irrelevant).

Thanks

Martin

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:40 am

Hi Martin,

While not exactly what you may need, the following may be of help.

By Clicking the Index button on the left of the toolbar, (or by selecting People->Index from the menus or the shortcut key combo option+command+i ), you will be presented with the following dialogue:

As marked, by placing ">1790" and "<1790" in the birthdate and deathdate fields respectively then pressing enter, a subset of your database will be returned. (There is a count on the top right of the table, in the above example 130 records were returned from the example database.)

Some pitfalls in this method are that the entries from your database that do not have birth and death dates will not be returned. Similarly, if you are searching for people who are alive in say 1970, the ones who are still living will not be returned as they do not yet have a death date.

Once you have narrowed down your search you will be able to export a csv file of your results which you can then edit manually. By combining the results from a few different searches you should be able to reduce your results to what you need.

Martin

Post by Martin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:30 pm

That&#39s helpful. Thanks

Martin