Change "Living or Recently Deceased" tag

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
daj

Change "Living or Recently Deceased" tag

Post by daj » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Is there any way to change "Living or Recently Deceased" in the graphic of the HTML to say "Living".

I am generating the HTML with the LorRD option so that I can still show the layout of the tree and still allow navigation, however it is amazing how many of my family have taken offence that they are shown in the tree as "...or recently deceased".

I realised it is probably not something that can easily done, but thought it worth checking.

hib

Re: Change "Living or Recently Deceased" tag

Post by hib » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:05 am

daj wrote:Is there any way to change "Living or Recently Deceased" in the graphic of the HTML to say "Living".

I am generating the HTML with the LorRD option so that I can still show the layout of the tree and still allow navigation, however it is amazing how many of my family have taken offence that they are shown in the tree as "...or recently deceased".

I realised it is probably not something that can easily done, but thought it worth checking.
While it may not be the answer you want from within iFamily, there is a solution that you can use until an option within iFamily is implemented. Use a text editor such as BBEdit or Text Wrangler or others that have the ability to work with a group of files and do a search and replace of the phrase that you don&#39t want with what you do want. BBEdit is a great text editor for doing such things and I have used this type of feature often.
Al

daj

Post by daj » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:29 am

thanks for the suggestion &#39hib&#39. However there still lies the issue that the JPG files iFamily creates having the "..or recently deceased" text as part of the image.

I now find myself doing more and more post-production work on the HTML before I publish it. I do not have a huge tree, but each time I publish I have to manipulate just over 600 files. For the future I would like to see iFmaily only change the HTML that needs modified rather than re-write the complete site every time.

Hopefully we can get some of the great suggestions on the forum implemented in the future, otherwise iFamily might fall behind. I know, however that Warwick has a lot on his plate at the moment

It would be a shame to lag behind too much -- I&#39ve looked at several genealogy tools for the mac and I still feel iFamily is the most flexible. I was initially a MFT user but hated the reporting and web site creation tools, but that will get better in time so we need to keep moving on with iFamily -- IMHO!

hib

Post by hib » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:53 am

daj wrote:thanks for the suggestion &#39hib&#39. However there still lies the issue that the JPG files iFamily creates having the "..or recently deceased" text as part of the image.
While I agree that the jpeg images are nicer looking than the html tables, if you switch to the latter approach you will be able to use a text editor to make the desired changes.
Al

daj

Post by daj » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:22 pm

hib wrote: While I agree that the jpeg images are nicer looking than the html tables, if you switch to the latter approach you will be able to use a text editor to make the desired changes.
This is true, and I could also take the engine out the car and push it to work! :D :D :D

Fingers crossed we get a solution in the future