family chart anomaly

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
arivalt

family chart anomaly

Post by arivalt » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Only some time ago I found the possibility to view a person&#39s main data in her rectangle in the family chart, by scrolling.
Today, I used this function, just for fun, but somehow managed to scroll and at the same time do a right cklick.
So, no I can see in those rectangles a person&#39s
1) name and birth-death years.
2) if scrolling: the above plus "last change date".
I very seldom used the scrolling function, but it seems now very important, because I used to display a person&#39s name with the patronym.
Now I am not able to do that, because the scroll function does not work as before.

Can I save my work and order a new version/copy of the iFamily program ? to get it working again.
Best regards
Ari from Finland

alid62

Post by alid62 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:29 am

You can also change what is shown in the rectangle by going to &#39Preferences&#39 (under &#39iFamily for Leopard&#39 on the menu bar) and select what info you want to see from the top drop down window. As long as the programme is OK that should work. I couldn&#39t replicate the problem so something may be wrong. If it is try backing up the data and reinstalling iFamily. You can backup by using &#39Backup Current Database&#39 under the &#39File&#39 menu.

Hope that helps.