Snow leopard and data inconsistency report

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
johnbedford

Snow leopard and data inconsistency report

Post by johnbedford » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:11 am

Since installing snow leopard and the upgrade to ifamily, when I attempt to produce an inconsistency report I get a nice little beach ball rolling forever and have to force quit ifamily to stopit and no report. Any clues please

John Bedford

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:38 am

Hi John,

Seems to work for me, takes about 15-20 seconds to resolve 1500 people. Prints to textedit ok.

Can you send me your FtkSql file and I&#39ll investigate if it&#39s something particular to your database.

Thanks, Warwick.

chrisjk

Post by chrisjk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 pm

I have the same problem if generating a report for unconnected people (I have quite a lot, I know). The other selection criteria all work OK.

Chris

chrisjk

Post by chrisjk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:55 pm

I have just found out the unconnected people problem rears its head when trying to load a new gedcom - the check is one of the steps iFamily takes whilst trying to create the database file but it hangs whilst doing this.

Chris

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:00 am

It does appear unconnected people is causing a problem, it is probably the same module being called in both the Data Inconsistency Report and the Gedcom Load and hopefully an easy fix.

The new "Associated People" are not yet exported or imported from the Gedcoms. They do appear as unconnected (when it works) if they are not also part of the main branches of your tree. (An example of that would be an uncle who is also a godfather).

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:23 am

I have found the root cause of this problem and will be releasing a new update later this week.

My testing shows that this &#39find unconnected people&#39 issue is only a problem on Snow Leopard, the functionality continues to operate ok on Tiger and Leopard.

sedgwick2graham

Any progress

Post by sedgwick2graham » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:32 am

Is there any progress on the update? I don&#39t want to seem a pain in the a** but patience is not one of my virtues.

Please, any way, is there a time table on when we will be able to get past this data inconsistency mess?

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:38 pm

I&#39ll hopefully get it done this weekend. Otherwise I have scheduled 2 weeks leave from work at the end of this month, (starts on the 22nd), to concentrate on a few aspects of iFamily.

Apologies again for the delays.