Issue with the new relationship checker

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
rbarkman

Issue with the new relationship checker

Post by rbarkman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:26 pm

I was trundling through the new dotted red lines, looking to see what needed checking, when I came across this one:
Inconsistencies and missing data

Father died 25 Sep 1871, before "Tilly" was conceived/born
Tilly was in fact born 09 Mar 1872, which is 5 months and 15 days after her father died. Unless the human gestation period has changed dramatically in the last century or two, her father did not die before she could have been conceived! I suspect your logic only checks whether the birth date is after the father&#39s death date, and does not take the conception date into account.

BillW

Father died before offspring's conception

Post by BillW » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:06 am

I get this "error" message from time to time. The father did indeed die before the child was born, but less than nine months before, so could well have been the father.

Could the code that checks this relationship be changed along the lines of "IF [child's birthdate] - [father's death date] ≥ 9 months THEN WRITE "Father died [date], before [child's name] was conceived"? You could add an ELSE statement to that, but it seems unnecessary. This would allow a father's death date up to 9 months before a child's birth to pass error screening.