Ifamily no longer loads database at startup.

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
leahk

Post by leahk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Previously when I launched iFamily it would open with my current database.

Since I installed Snow Leopard and iFamily v2.511 this no longer happens.

When I launch iFamily, the only indication that it is running is the menubar and dock icon. No windows are displayed.

I have to choose, File/Open... and browse to the database every time I launch the application.

alid62

Post by alid62 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 am

Have you tried opening by double clicking on your database? When you have done that once iFamily should (in theory) open that one when you launch. Is your file showing in the File/Open Recent list?

leahk

Re: Ifamily no longer loads database at startup.

Post by leahk » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:57 am

alid62 wrote:Have you tried opening by double clicking on your database? When you have done that once iFamily should (in theory) open that one when you launch. Is your file showing in the File/Open Recent list?
Thanks for trying to help but no good

I have tried what you suggest, but the next time I open iFamily - it doesn&#39t open the database.

The File/Open Recent menu is always empty.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:47 pm

When quitting iFamily try using Command (Apple key on older Macs) Q or click on iFamily tab in the toolbar and select Quit iFamily from the drop down list. If you close and quit, you are closing the database you had opened and the iFamily runs but expects you to select a database to access. Once you do this iFamily will always start with the database you had open last. Remember, iFamily runs independently of any database being opened so if you close the database each time (closing the window for example) then the next time you start iFamily it runs without opening a database. I&#39ve made this more convoluted than necessary. Just try what I wrote in the first sentence and see if that helps.
Tom

leahk

Post by leahk » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:51 am

Tom wrote:When quitting iFamily try using Command (Apple key on older Macs) Q or click on iFamily tab in the toolbar and select Quit iFamily from the drop down list.

No good - that what I do in any case.

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:34 pm

Have you moved your iFamily database from its location when you originally installed the program? If this is not the case, I&#39d say you need to send Warwick an email. Maybe he can resolve your problem.
Tom