Transcription

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Tom

Transcription

Post by Tom » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 pm

How does one access the transcription area located under the Notes area in Add/Edit Sources? I can access the notes section fine but the transcription section is inaccessible.
Tom

scutler

Transcription

Post by scutler » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:13 am

The transcription area in Add/Edit Sources can be accessed by right clicking the picture and choosing Transcribe from the pop-up menu. However, this does not work with a .pdf file.

Sue

Tom

Transcription

Post by Tom » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:37 pm

Thanks. Too bad about pdf&#39s. While not exactly the same, I worked around this. I have a number of letters written in Italian from Sicily from the 1930&#39s through 1940&#39s. I embedded an image of each page of the letters with the translation on each page using Pages and then exporting to a single pdf. It&#39s not a transcription; however, the original Italian is difficult enough to translate, especially with dialects involved and I doubt many would bother attempting another translation if I provided a transcription of the letters. One of the benefits and detriments of iFamily is its concept of the individual as the centerpiece of the software. There are times when less duplication of data would be more beneficial as it regards groups of individuals and not just single entities.
Tom