How to generate a birthday list?

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
grogmeister

How to generate a birthday list?

Post by grogmeister » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:59 am

I am looking for a way to generate a "new" report that is basically a birthday list. I&#39m sure it is in there, but I just haven&#39t located it yet.

I did a search and didn&#39t see anything, so hopefully this isn&#39t a repeat question.

Thanks,
Bill

Geordielass

Generating Birthday lists

Post by Geordielass » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:41 am

Hello Bill

You could use the "export BDM to iCal" from the File drop down menu.

I haven&#39t used the facility so don&#39t know what sort of results you&#39d get

Cheers
Enid
Enid
Expat Geordie researching: Atkinson; Burn; Archer & Thompson - Dunston & Whickham.
Bell; Shanks & Fawcett - South Shields & Usworth Co. Durham;
Walmsley- Bolton Lancs & Usworth Co.Durham);
Donnelly - Armagh & Whickham

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Bill,

Not used Export BDM to iCal either but that would put lots of entries into iCal which may not be what you wanted.

You can use the People... Index menu item to export the data to a .csv file (for use in Numbers, OpenOffice or M$Excel) and that does include a column with the date of birth in.

Problem there is that the date is exported as quoted text as it can contain "bef 30 Jun 1900" etc depending how you have entered your dates.

Were you after a list of Birthdays for living individuals and if so, have you ensured that everyone else has a date of death or appropriate entry to signify the fact? (I believe you can put YES in the date field to indicate to iFamily that the person is dead for inclusion in the various reports).

If you can describe exactly what you were after maybe Warwick can help.

Nigel