More questions about sources

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
TLGeanology

More questions about sources

Post by TLGeanology » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:06 pm

I&#39m doing my genealogy, and many of the sources I have found are online. For example, the Dutch census for certain cities is completely online. Each page is its own scan, etc. etc.

I would like to include all the scans as sources, but it&#39s rather cumbersome to add one source for each page.

What&#39s the best way to deal with this?

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi,

You can add the Scans as Pictures so that they are associated with each person but I do not know of a way to add them to an event or source.

You could put the URL as part of the Source Citation and link it to the event (Birth death etc) but you really need the Page and volume details from the Source documents.

I would suggest using a Source Citation for the reference details having defined a number of Sources (I have them for each census year, one for each UK Birth, Deaths and Marriage records plus others for the usual sources - even Marriage Certificates (if I have one) etc).

If you have a Scan I would add that to the Pictures section for the relevant person - you can use a placeholder picture if you do not want the Scan to show up as the default image for the individual.

Anyone else have other ways to include Scans?

Regards,

Nigel