Printing problems with family tree diagram

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Mockingbird

Printing problems with family tree diagram

Post by Mockingbird » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:37 am

Hi!

I am having problems printing out my family tree. When I save the diagram to pdf, I change the paper size to AO but the tree still appears cramped in the middle of the sheet. I want the 10 generations to fill the sheet of paper as much as possible. Am I setting up the layout incorrectly or is it something to fix up at the print shop end of things?

regards
Vikki
Canberra, Australia

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:59 am

Hi Vikki,

I haven&#39t proved this completely but what I think is happening is this.

When you save as PDF iFamilyforLeopard saves the family tree (Ancestors or Descendants) as a sheet big enough to take all the information at the standard font sizes defined. That is, if you printed it on that size sheet it would be legible.

When you come to print it, the print application compresses the page to fit the actual paper size.

If you open the PDF file in Adobe Reader the Properties section should tell you what size the document expects to print out on.

Not too sure what is happening with your print out but it would seem to be a conflict in the print application between the document size and the paper size.

What are you trying to print the PDF out wit (app and printer)?

Not much help, sorry

Nigel

Mockingbird

Post by Mockingbird » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks Nigel. I&#39ll talk to the people at the print shop and see what we can work out!