Scrolling Across Decades

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Cazzy

Scrolling Across Decades

Post by Cazzy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Is there a way to scroll laterally across decades other than continually changing the Focal Person?

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi Cazzy,

Not 100% sure what you are hoping to achieve in this scrolling.

If you want to see the members of a single family line from the oldest ancestor then the Descendent diagram will show you all the members for as many generations as you set in the top part of the window of the report/diagram.

If it is something else, let us know as there may be some other way to get that result.

Regards,

Nigel

Cazzy

Post by Cazzy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:02 am

Thank you, Nigel, for responding to my inquiry.

I do know how to create the Descendant diagram.

Perhaps I should first ask . . . is the screen/page with the extension .FtkSql (blue background, gray boxes) a series of independent pages with groups of information or . . . when one changes the Focal Person, are you jumping to another part of a single page that contains the entire tree?

Sometimes I want to take a quick look across generations. I guess this would include vertical scrolling as well as lateral. The descendants chart assembles this information, but I was seeking more mobility on the working screen/.FtkSqul screen rather than a static diagram.

Thanks again.

Cazzy

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:06 am

Hi Cazzy,

The main diagram above the info panel at the bottom of the screen is generated from the data in the database.

It is a view of that information based on the selected Focal person and the settings you have chosen (e.g. number of generations).

It is only when you create a report or diagram that anything is &#39constructed&#39 beyond that view.

I&#39m sure Warwick would be able to describe the process better.

If you want more generations in the main view change the &#39Levels - Generations&#39 setting from the default 3. This will show more in the tree at the expense of having small boxes that are difficult to read.

The display is always one generation of descendants and &#39n&#39 ancestors (including the Focal person)

For a quick look at what info you have (or is missing) that may be OK. If you hover the mouse pointer over a person it will generate a pop-up with more info and you can use the scroll wheel to display other info.

Hope that helps,

Nigel

Cazzy

Post by Cazzy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:57 am

Thank you, Nigel, you answered my question perfectly. I have the information I needed, now.
Cazzy