Reinstallation of iFamily

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
plange

Reinstallation of iFamily

Post by plange » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:45 am

I had to change the Hard disk on my iMac. I have tried to reinstall iFamily for Snow Leopard, but without success . How can this be done without bying a new one.

Petter Langeland

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi Petter,

I have sent you a download link via email. If you still have access to your old hard disk, you will want to manually copy across the ~/iFamilyData/ folder, (and it's subdirectories). It will contain all your databases, pictures and reports and you can find it, (by default), in your user home directory.

Warwick.

plange

Post by plange » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi Warwick,

iFamily is now installed. I have tried to replace " the iFamily Data" from my external harddisk to the new program, but it did not work. (I think it was somthing wrong with this backup, the harddisk was almost dead ehen I did it.)
The only way I can start the program is by clicking the FtkSql-file in my iFamilybackup. (imported from my external haddisk). If I close down iFamily and restart the program by clicking the icon i the dock (or in Finder) it seems that iFamily don`t remember the last entery and nothing happens.
The only place I have my family informations and the only place new enterys are registred seems to be in the last iFamily FtkSql backupfile.

Petter