Sourcing "Other Events"

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
dambrosi62

Sourcing "Other Events"

Post by dambrosi62 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:56 pm

I am a new owner of iFamily and wondered if there is a way to source "other events" such as baptisms and burials.

Thanks,
Mark

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi Mark,

Not too sure what problem you are having here.

If you have entered an event such as a Christening, Burial, Baptism etc and you view it via the EVENT view (selected from the bottom of the screen) and select the final column for that entry a requester will pop up for the Source Citation to be entered.
In that requester, click on the Plus at the bottom left and pick the Source from the list. Add the appropriate details and job done.

Of course, you have to enter a list of SOURCEs to be selected from - These can be pretty much what ever you want. I have ones for all the UK Census years, UK BIRTH, DEATH & MARRIAGE Records. You can have personal Sources such as Family members, Family Bibles etc.

If you meant something else, come back with some details and I will try to help (or someone else might jump in).

Regards,

Nigel

dambrosi62

Post by dambrosi62 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:52 am

Hi Nigel,

As you wrote in your response, I was trying to find how to attach sources to these "other events". As I continued to investigate the program, I did find the events listed and the far column to the right where I could attach my source citation as you stated.

Thanks for getting back to me. It is good to know people are reading these queries.

If there are some good queries on the discussion forum for me to read for educating me about iFamily, that would be great too. I am enjoying the functionality so far.

All the best,
Mark

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Mark,

Glad that helped.

There is a lot of info on the Forum - just search for something you are looking for and it will probably be there.

Also there is the Manual section which has a lot of good info for an introduction.

Otherwise, feel free to ask and help will be on hand from any number of other users.

Regards,

Nigel

dambrosi62

Post by dambrosi62 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks Nigel...

Mark