Ancestors vs. Descendants View

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Cazzy

Ancestors vs. Descendants View

Post by Cazzy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:50 pm

When I moved my tree from my old MAC to my new MAC, the view switched from ancestors to descendants view. I'm talking about the page one makes changes on. I want to see the youngest people on the right. Can I change this?

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Re: Ancestors vs. Descendants View

Post by Warwick Wilson » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 pm

Cazzy wrote:When I moved my tree from my old MAC to my new MAC, the view switched from ancestors to descendants view. I'm talking about the page one makes changes on. I want to see the youngest people on the right. Can I change this?
Hi Cazzy,

There is a "Children on Left" option in the iFamily Preferences panel which will do what you require. You can access the preferences panel either by the toolbar button of the iFamilyForLeoaprd menu on the top left.

Cazzy

Post by Cazzy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 am

Got it! Excellent. Thanks, Warwick.

Cazzy

Post by Cazzy » Tue May 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Since, in our country, we read from left to right, it makes sense to me that a timeline would go from left to right with the oldest date being on the left and the most recent on the right. That puts your ancestors on the left and the newest members of the family on the right. I am able to achieve this on the iFamily working pane by not checking in Preferences, Children on the Left.

In the Report pane, if I check Descendants, the youngest family members are on the right. However, if I check on Ancestors, the youngest family members are flipped to the left.

I want to create a series of printouts which I can tape together in sequence, with the ancestors/oldest timeline date on the left. How do I achieve this?