How to cite source for marriage data? - SOLVED THANKS!

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Kirsten

How to cite source for marriage data? - SOLVED THANKS!

Post by Kirsten » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

I see how to enter date, place. notes for a marriage event.
I cannot seem to see how to cite the source.

For all other events source citation is clear to me.

Can someone help?

Kirsten
Last edited by Kirsten on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:13 am

Hi Kirsten,

The way I do it is to use the Event view for the person involved and then click on the last column (Sources).

This brings up a requester with the event details and a + - in the bottom left.

Click on the Plus (+) and select the particular Source type you have already set up. I have mine set up for the usual things like the various UK Census returns, the UK Birth Deaths & Marriage records, Certificates, Word of mouth etc.

Once selected another panel opens into which you can put the particulars of the citation.

I use the above method to enter all citations.

Hope that helps,

Nigel

Kirsten

Post by Kirsten » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi Nigel,

Of course.
I was stuck on the idea that the marriage data is entered from the family view and figured that the source should be entered there at the same time.

Easy enough to enter source from Events screen. I am familiar with that from my experimenting so far.

I am quite relieved to find that sourcing marriage hasn't been left out as I feared!

I will add that I really like what all I can do with the Sources. The citation references are wonderful. It all seems easy and intuitive to work with.
The only source question I have run into is this: Can I print a list of sources? Right now I'm not even sure just how important I would be to be able to do this...

Regards,
Kirsten

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:53 am

Hi Kirsten,

Glad that helped.

Yes, you can print out the sources. Go to Reports ... Sources.. in the menu bar and select the options.

You can generate a report that includes all the citations for each Source or just list the sources.

regards,

Nigel