Previous back ups

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Melissa

Previous back ups

Post by Melissa » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi,

I have been using iFamily for Leopard and previously Tiger for many years and so have a huge lists of back ups. Yesterday I suddenly became aware (when I checked my Index for the number of people on the tree), that I was working on an old, much smaller database!!! I have no idea how this happened but I have now checked back and find that it was in December 2010 that I must have made the error as that is the last time I used the base with the largest number of people in the index. However since then I have worked extensively on the tree using an old smaller version. HELP!!!!!!

I would like to merge the smaller version into the larger older version to ensure that any entries I put into that smaller version since Dec 2010 now go into the big tree but I have also made changes to several of the existing entries and added pictures to entries which exist in both trees! How do I go about merging them all into the larger tree last worked on in Dec 2010 and making sure I have moved across all the new entries, modified data from existing entries and photographs. I want to transfer all of this to the large tree which I somehow last opened in Dec 2010.

Also the terminology when I compare the refers to the "target" base - is that the one I am ultimately going to copy from or copy to?

How do I prevent this from happening again?
Should I be deleting previous back ups?

PLEASE HELP I AM IN A MESS!!!
regards

Melissa :oops: :oops:

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:58 am

Melissas problems has been resolved in the short term. I will place a guide for file managment and Merging databases up on our website in the near future.

ww.