Event Type Filter doesn't show probate

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
alid62

Event Type Filter doesn't show probate

Post by alid62 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 pm

When I go into 'Events/Event Names' on the top tool bar you get the 'Event Type Filter' list with 'adoption', 'birth', 'census' etc. On selecting each one up comes a list of the people to whom that event applies - except when I select 'Probate'. I know there are lots of entries for that in the tree, but nothing shows - any ideas?

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Wed May 18, 2011 9:29 am

It looks like if the Event Name has not been altered, it will not appear in the list, I will investigate further, but I may not have an answer tonight.

Are all your Probates still called "Probate"?

alid62

Post by alid62 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:43 am

Hi Warwick, yes, they are all called 'Probate' with type code 'PROB'. It's too long ago to remember, but I think this was an existing option rather than one I added. Also I have altered some others (e.g. census is split into census 1841, census 1851 etc) and they show up fine, as do other unaltered ones (birth, death etc). I also tried going back a couple of versions of iFamily to see if it was a recent thing, but the same thing happens. Interestingly the 'probate' entries do show when I go to 'Events by subtype' and use the subtype filter - however that's not what I want to do!

Cheers

Alison