First time user

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
annie

First time user

Post by annie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:52 am

First Day
Starting for the first time to use this programme reminds me of first day at school - not knowing what to do and not wanting to mess things up!

I would really like some help with the first step. The programme downloaded with Q Elizabeth's genealogy...but where do I go from there?
Mac is new to me(love it) and so is genealogy and so are forums!!

I downloaded demos of other programmes and they all came with a sample page, help and a "start page". Have I missed something?

I understand I start with myself and work backwards but where is the first page!

Annie[/b]

Pewterpot

Post by Pewterpot » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi Annie, Welcome to the site. The Royal Family history albeit most interesting and informative, is to give you an idea how things are laid out, but being a new Mac user it can be sometimes difficult.
To start your own tree you will need to open iFamily and go to New under File and go on from there. It is all straight forward and easy.
You will also find plenty of help on this site with the Frequently asked questions and several members if you have difficulties. Enjoy
20" iMac G5.
OSX 10.6.8

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!

annie

Post by annie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:22 am

Thank you Pewterpot, just what I needed to know. It is all starting to fall into place albeit slowly
Thanks again
Annie