iFamily with Lion

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
jim

iFamily with Lion

Post by jim » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Installed Lion on my iMac and Macbook last night. iFamily started on both and most functions appear to work. What is awry though is the row of actions, Desc and Anc views, search field etc. I can send a screenshot if someone will give me an e-mail address.

Jim

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi Jim,

The screenshot you speak of is linked here. Please use the link in our members section to download our latest update, V2.526 was released on 7th July and is OSX Lion friendly.

http://ifamilyforleopard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=894

Thanks,
Warwick.

ianmoore

Post by ianmoore » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:48 pm

I have the same problem and it still exists after upgrading to version 2.526.

ianmoore

Post by ianmoore » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Problem solved: Click on the space above the main window and right click to see the menu. Select "Customize Toolbar" to add items to the blank toolbar area.

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:43 am

Ian,

It sounds to me like you are still running V2.522. Check the bottom left corner of the main program window to see the version number. Here's a generic response with an old picture from Snow Leopard .....

You can also check in finder to view the installed version number as shown below:

It is safe to delete ANY version of iFamily you may find on your Mac and reinstall afresh if problems continue. All your databases, Pictures and Reports will be stored in your /iFamilyData/ folder, separate to the app itself. Remember to eject the disk image after install, I did have one customer once running that every time to open the program.