Update problems (solved)

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
FangioNZ

Update problems (solved)

Post by FangioNZ » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 am

Think I need a bit of help!! I downloaded the update today, thought that it hadn't come onto my desktop so hit 'download now' (I think it was) again. It was only when I realised that I had actually downloaded two updates and they were both sitting on the desktop (hadn't really understood the process of opening, unfolding the files or whatever it is you do :), then thought to self "oh goodness I have two so will just bin the second one', dumped it into the trash bin, went to the other (that is still sitting on the desktop) and opened that, went through the process, nothing happened so thought to self 'oh darn, best get the other out of the trash and use that instead ... by which time when I had done this, realised that something was wrong when I still couldn't get into iFamily!! I then thought, 'clever you, you can go to Time Machine and backdate things and reinstate things to whenever the time was before this download'. Went in there, tried to go backwards, was OK for most things, then saw that 'Applications' is greyed out and thought through the process once more 'Oh no, I'm not backing-up applications!!'. I think what I have as my Application is actually just the icon for the program. I'm sure there is a relatively simple process (hopefully) to sort this out :(

So do you think you can help me? Perhaps all my data is still there because that certainly appears in the Time Machine labelled as that, hopefully this is so.

What a dilemna. As soon as I get this right I'm going to then set Time Machine to back-up Applications! Didn't think it was necessary as have never been afflicted with this problem in all the three years (nearly) that I've had my Mac.
Think this is my first update, or if another haven't made a mess like this time!!

FangioNZ

UPDATE PROBLEMS

Post by FangioNZ » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:41 am

Aha, I may have solved it by just having a look at what was actually appearing on my desktop!! I removed the icon from the bottom bar, accessed my hard drive, opened to applications, dragged an icon from the iFamily application that showed a full-size program attached and placed that on the bottom bar. Voila, I may have solved my problem where nothing was happening when I tried to open the program from the icon. Yahoo!!