Linking multiple people to one event

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
douglasmarc

Linking multiple people to one event

Post by douglasmarc » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:41 pm

I'm wondering if it's possible to link multiple people to one event rather than having to enter the event under each person individually.

Namely, I have census results with a group of people all living in the same house and rather than putting the RESI event for 8 different people it would due useful to put it in once and link the other people to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:38 am

For certain event types, you can right click on the event and select "Clone Event", then change the focus to the target person and right click on their events table and paste it there (with clone).

I am going to expand the number of types of events that can be cloned in our next release, please let me know if the current release will let you do as you wish with your chosen event.

Ideally, Logically, you cannot clone a birth death or marriage - this functionality is encompassed and implemented in other ways. Pretty much every other event should be fair game though and I will open it up soon. Let me know your thoughts, especially if anyone has a reason that an event type should NOT be able to be cloned.

Hmm, drag and drop of events onto people on the diagram could be useful too.