Unmarried Partner

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Robin Helmond

Unmarried Partner

Post by Robin Helmond » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:18 am

I have imported a Gedcom file from Reunion into iFamily and have found that the unmarried partner of a person is shown as a married/husband in iFamily. I can't find a way to revert the married status to unmarried.
I tried creating a similar family in a test file and find that iFamily treats this kind of relationship as 'spouse/partner' which is correct. I want to change the incorrect relationship in the imported file to the correct status.
I'm new to iFamily and am still unfamiliar with it so I may have missed something obvious.
Robin.

Robin Helmond

Unmarried Partner

Post by Robin Helmond » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:54 am

I have found the answer by trawling back through previous posts. In case others are interested I have pasted the answer below. It was just what I was looking for.
Robin.

If you click on the space above the person name - immediately below the context diagram (just to the left of where the ID is shown), you get a pop-up window dialog where you can nominate how you want to describe the relationships. Choose 'partner' if it makes you feel better.

If you click on the little up-arrow in the centre below the context diagram, you get a pop-up that allows you to enter a divorce or other marriage event.

If you enter nothing at all in the fields 'were married on' 'at', then you have 'no marriage event'. If you know they married but don't know when, put Y in the date field. (If you need to get rid of that marriage event, you can do so in the events screen.) If there is no marriage, leave those fields blank and make a note in the 'marriage notes' field.