Default settings for average life span

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
CNDH

Default settings for average life span

Post by CNDH » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but is there a setting, as I cannot find one, to set a default life span at say 115 years?
It really becomes a problem when exporting a GEDCOM to a website and you find your 15th, 16th 17th Century ancestors as still "Living".
I think it has something to do with iFamily creating a known male ancestor's wife as, for example, Wife of George Home, automatically. I hadn't created that person as I had not known any of her details. As there is no details of death, they become alive!
On exporting the GEDCOM and uploading it to my site, I find that loads of wives are stated as living.
I must have missed something somewhere and initially I want to avoid having to go through each one.
Regards and thanks for a great programme.
Charles Home

nfcarrier

Alive dead people

Post by nfcarrier » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:24 am

I haven't seen iFamily automatically create wives when I add a male, seems like I have to do it intentionally.

I had the same problem with living dead people and used the index to fix it even though I had to do each one manually.

Open the index window and click on born & died headings to sort the dates the file in a way that you can scroll down and check for missing death dates. If one is missing and obviously dead, click on that person to open the edit window for that person and then put Y in for a death date.

CNDH

Alive Dead People

Post by CNDH » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks nfcarrier

I'm slowly going down the Index list (I've searched for the given name "Wife of" and got 162 - all generated by the programme, it seems) and entering a Y but there is a lot of clicking needed.
I went on clicking until I got wrist strain and I had only done 25! Anyway, I guess that is the only way.
Thanks for showing me that I could do it that way, at least it is being done systematically, albeit slowly.
The generated wives seem to have only happened to men of at least a few generations back. It seems to have been done quite recently (I really had not noticed it before) and they've all been issued with an eight figure ID number starting with 88889...

Has anyone else come across this?

Regards
Charles