Will you continue to Enhance iFamily for Tiger?

Frequently asked questions have been answered here
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Will you continue to Enhance iFamily for Tiger?

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:52 am

I can't tell you how much I love your program I just wish I would have found it before I wasted my money on something else!!

Here's my dilemma: I'm running a 800 MHz G4 iMac, which does not meet the minimum requirements for Leopard hence, I will not be upgrading this computer. If I purchase your program and you then release iFamily for Leopard, I assume there will not longer be any updates and improvements for iFamiy for Tiger. Although I don't blame you for wanting your program to take advantage of everything Leopard has to offer, I think Apple severely overestimated how many of us in my situation would not be going out and getting a new computer just to obtain Leopard. I could be wrong, but believe Leopard will not sell as well as Tiger, just an opinion.

I would appreciate any plans you have to support and upgrade iFamily for Tiger in the future, as it will be the deciding factor on whether I will purchase this program.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. You might want to post the answer on your FAQ section on the forum for others in my position.

Once again, thank you for creating such a great program! The time you must put into the forum is amazing. No other software developer does such a great job with genealogy programs.

Regards, Frank
Hi Frank

Thank you for your interest in iFamily for Tiger.

In Q2 2008 we will release iFamily For Leopard

After iFamily For Leopard is released we will continue to support customers using iFamily For Tiger just the same as we do now. And we will fix any bugs or errors - there won't be any so that is simple.

BUT we will not make any further enhancements to iFamily for Tiger after iFamily For Leopard is released.

As a developer who understands what is really inside Leopard, it is my opinion that Leopard is miles ahead of the pack. Although the Tiger has been left behind, it is still in second place - and the Tiger is still way ahead of Vista who appears to have broken a leg - or is it 2 broken legs - it does seem awfully wobbly - oops - it's fallen over again.

Keith