Html and  Dot Mac Group

General discussion on the Generation of HTML Web Pages
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Html and  Dot Mac Group

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:20 pm

Originally posted by jmje562

I have a Dot Mac Group to correspond with family members and am wondering if anyone has tried to load their html files into a Dot Mac Group as the website for the group. I thought this would overcome some of the privacy issues as group members have to be approved.

I am having trouble getting the path right to the index.html file.

Can anyone offer any suggestions.

Jeanette

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Html and  Dot Mac Group

jmje562 wrote:I have a Dot Mac Group to correspond with family members and am wondering if anyone has tried to load their html files into a Dot Mac Group as the website for the group. I thought this would overcome some of the privacy issues as group members have to be approved. I am having trouble getting the path right to the index.html file. Can anyone offer any suggestions. Jeanette
Others may be able to answer your specific question but I have a comment about using .mac

The response from San Francisco (and other places in USA) may be brilliant but not all of us (I am not in USA) get good response times when using .mac so, I suggest that you:
  • A. Generate the Context Diagram as a Table rather than as a JPEG image

B. Only generate Pictures for the main person on each page.

C. Do not include the originals of the pictures.
For all of the above refer to options dialog for the HTML generation.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Html and  Dot Mac Group

Originally posted by curriouscat

It may be that the index.html file you are looking for is capital Index.html. This had me fooled for a while as I was expecting lower case index.html.

I assume that Keith is using capital Index for these files so that he can add a lower case home.html later in the development cycle.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Html and  Dot Mac Group

curriouscat wrote:It may be that the index.html file you are looking for is capital Index.html. This had me fooled for a while as I was expecting lower case index.html. I assume that Keith is using capital Index for these files so that he can add a lower case home.html later in the development cycle.
In V2.403 I have changed the name of the index file to be all lowercase, i.e. index.html

Keith