Generate HTML

General discussion on the Generation of HTML Web Pages
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Generate HTML

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:00 am

Originally posted by Lesley

Hi Keith
I love this addition and have saved a page and am able then to email the pages via Safari mail contents of this page to relatives in UK which is brilliant and it looks great
Is it possible to save the whole tree (large around 80mb at present ) and then burn the whole file to DVD or CD and then family in UK with Windows can open it on their computers which are all running windows ?

I have copied the whole web pages folder that I created to My Windows XP running in Parallels and its opening ok there in Explorer though not nearly as nice to look at as on iMac and Safari

Not sure if its because I have shared folders that I can view it as I do not have a standalone Windows to check before I send info to UK
I do not want to load my data onto Ancestry or any of the other ones but thats another story best regards Lesley in Tassie

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Generate HTML

The HTML files are saved in a folder in your iFamilyForTigerData/Reports folder.
  • Use Get Info to find out if the folder will fit on a CD or if you need to use a DVD.
  • Insert a CD (or DVD)
  • Drag the top level folder called Lesley's Family Tree_WebPages_X onto the CD (or DVD) - where X is a sequential number
  • Burn it.
You have now created an electronic book of your all your hard work.

Mail it to your relies and tell them to open Index.html (or any other html file.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Generate HTML

Originally posted by Lesley

this is better than Brilliant Can't thank you enough for all your hard work on this program Keith
it is THE BEST

regards Lesley in Tassie

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Generate HTML

Originally posted by jillaine smith

Starting to play with it now. Cool. Nice work, Keith.

Thanks for remembering the generate-html settings from session to session.

Back to playing...

-- Jillaine