problems generating html

General discussion on the Generation of HTML Web Pages
fredlk

problems generating html

Post by fredlk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:31 am

I have recently upgraded to Mountain Lion. Everytime previously my html tables showed 4 generations of ancestors in the table. I'm doing everything the same as I have for years but now only self and spouse show up while the ancestor tables are empty. Can anybody help?

fredlk

Re: problems generating html

Post by fredlk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:59 am

fredlk wrote:Can anybody help?
From the lack of response I conclude that I must have been the only person using iFamily who has been generating html in table-format. It's almost definitely a bug in the program in combination with Mountain Lion.

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:39 pm

I can't offer any help but I can confirm the problem although I believe spouse, self, and offspring were displayed. I tried a variety of settings to see if I could offset the problem with the tables to no avail. Since the jpeg view works it would seem that you have uncovered a bug in iFamily on Mountain Lion.

I am also running the latest version of Mountain Lion. I don't use the web generation feature of iFamily with the exception of infrequently burning to a CD to send to a relative. I use a separate program on my website which generates its content from a GEDCOM file uploaded to it. One can choose to replace all of the data or only changes since the last update and there are not the huge number of html files to deal with.
Tom

fredlk

Post by fredlk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Tom wrote:I can't offer any help but I can confirm the problem although I believe spouse, self, and offspring were displayed.
I have always used the table-form on my website with its 8000 pages so that it would load quickly for those on a slow connection. Unfortunately I have now had to revert to the jpeg-images which work okay and look good but take longer to load.

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Thank you for reporting this, I don't often use the table view for HTML export so hadn't noticed. I have located the error and repaired it.

This bug was due to a localisation error in V2.752 in the natural parent routine, (missing the #define'd LOCSTR for NSLocalizedStringFromTable()).

Code: Select all

-(FTPerson*)naturalFather
{
	NSArray *naturalParents = [self naturalParents];
	int kk = 0;
	for(kk = 0; kk < [naturalParents count]; kk++)
	{	FTPerson *parent = [naturalParents objectAtIndex:kk];
		if([[parent gender] isEqualToString:(@"MaleShort")])
			return parent;
	}
}

should have been

-(FTPerson*)naturalFather
{
	NSArray *naturalParents = [self naturalParents];
	int kk = 0;
	for(kk = 0; kk < [naturalParents count]; kk++)
	{	FTPerson *parent = [naturalParents objectAtIndex:kk];
		if([[parent gender] isEqualToString:LOCSTR(@"MaleShort")])
			return parent;
	}
}
This bug has also led to a problem reported that when you are entering new families into your tree, the spousal relationship was not being formed between parents when they were added as ancestors of a current identity.
FangioNZ wrote:Hi Warwick

Have something that has cropped up recently that I've not noticed before. When entering parents for some people I do exactly what I've done for all time, have person in focal position, enter father, put as much detail as known, close them so back out to child, enter mother, then find they aren't linked and don't show up as a couple when you hover over the father or mother box. Am I doing something wrong? This is very strange.

Regards,
Depersonalised