Large Family Trees and Large amounts of Data.

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
AlanRoyDavis

Large Family Trees and Large amounts of Data.

Post by AlanRoyDavis » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:44 pm

I posted this request back in April and there were no responses. Have I done something verboten:

My request was:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been using iFamily for Leopard for several years and really like what it provides in handling large amounts of data. I have ALL my "Picture" data stored in a set of organized files remote from iFamily's data storage (Using the alias mechanism) and this works well. ( I currently am linking into about 35 Gigabytes of data, pictures, scanned documents, clippings, etc. (and videos but I don't expect you to deal with those).

However my "Pictures" display for each individual is becoming extremely large.

It would be a great help if I could structure the "Pictures" display in a grouping of some kind. Ideally a sort of folder that items on that display could be grouped in. It would not need to be a true folder. The Pictures directory could still be flat underneath. Although as collections grow it might be best to add some structure to that directory.

Thanks for a neat product.

Alan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since April I have been busy adding more information to my records.

I now have "Pictures" panes for some of the ancestors that contain over a 100 images, along with birth certificates and marriage licences, awards,
newpaper clippings etc. I sure would like to be able to add a little structure (only one level) to the display.

Thanks again, that is if anyone is reading these. Alan