Data Inconsistency Reports

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 pm

Originally posted by mdpollard

Keith,

Congratulations on your wonderful program. I use it daily and think it is one of the best programs I have ever used. I am using v2.423.

I have been working through the Data Inconsistency Reports for my database (11,500+ people) and would like to suggest some changes that would, at least for me, make the process quicker.

1. Allow the user to set the birth date limits for both mother and father. The current 45 for mothers seems to conservative for early colonial times. An option similar to the one for adding a child would work nicely.

2. Sort the list by surname rather than given name. This would help identify multiple inconsistencies from one set of parents.

3. Have a indicator that shows the inconsistency has been reviewed and found acceptable. I suggest leaving the inconsistency on the list if it violates the filter conditions.

Perhaps other users could add their thoughts as to the need/usefulness of my suggestions.

A happy customer,

Mike Pollard

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi Mike,

In V2.430, in the Data Inconsistencies Report, I have added a display of the selected person's details, including title, birth, death, marriage, parents, siblings, notes, source references, etc, ....

I have also added a Notes button to the Data Inconsistency dialog so that you can quickly add appropriate notes - maybe I should also add a button that directly accesses the ToDo for that the selected person.

You may also find it useful to use the Print button and create a report in TextEdit which can then 'float around' while you check the validity of a person's data. You can of course edit the information in TextEdit to indicate that you have checked various inconsistencies and then save the TextEdit file. What I do is to work through the list in TextEdit and delete them as I have resolved them.

Keith