Web page picture descriptions - matching with pics

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:20 pm

Originally posted by colindun

Hi Keith.

On another thread about pictures in HTML output you said . . .

" In V2.413 I have enhanced the HTML Web Pages output by adding an option to Include Notes for each Picture."

This is a really useful addition (especially for helping search engine indexing), but Iíd like to suggest an improvement.

If there are lots of pics then it becomes tricky to match the text against the photo thumbnail it describes. You have to read the description then scroll up and count through the thumbnail pics to find the one it refers to. A bit frustrating if there are a lot of pictures as you have to keep scrolling up and down to match descriptions with pics.

Here are two ways I see to improve this

1) The descriptive text moved to the same ëpageí as the big image that you get when you click on the thumbnail. Maybe not so good, as having the descriptions on the same page as all of the other text is more user-friendly, and better for search engines too.

or

2) the thumbnails automatically being give a number label as part of their title on the page so itís easier to match them with the numbered descriptions.

What think you? I'm using v2.423, by the way.

Thanks,

Colin

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi Colin

Both your suggestions about tying the picture's notes to each picture in the HTML output require require some major rework of the code. I need to think about it.

Keith