Small screen problem

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Small screen problem

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:12 am

Originally posted by carolew

I use a laptop and I know you recommend a larger screen, but there is just one problem I have. If I open the edit picture window, the close button is off my screen and there is no way of closing it down or getting out of it. If I do this I have to force quit. Would it be possible to move the close button up a bit so that small screen users can see it?

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Small screen problem

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:39 am

carolew wrote:I use a laptop and I know you recommend a larger screen, but there is just one problem I have. If I open the edit picture window, the close button is off my screen and there is no way of closing it down or getting out of it. If I do this I have to force quit. Would it be possible to move the close button up a bit so that small screen users can see it?
You can try the following (in the order shown):

(a) Right click on the Toolbar and customise it so that it shows icons only. If you have only one button on your mouse then use Control+Left Click to emulate a Right Click.

(b) Move the Dock to the left or right side of the screen.

(c) Close the dialog using Cmd+W. Hold down the Command key and press the W key. On some keyboards the Command Key only has an Apple symbol marked on it.

There is more information on using a mouse and using a laptop with a Trackpad at http://ifamilyforleopard.com/forums/YaB ... 1179117704

If you still cannot close the Pictures Add/Edit dialog then please send me an email giving me details of:

The screen size (in inches)
The screen resolution setting (pixels x pixels)
The version of OSX you are using

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Small screen problem

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:52 am

Originally posted by carolew

Thanks, Keith,
the cmd W worked fine, but if I change the toolbar to text only I can just see the top half of the close button.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Small screen problem

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:07 am

carolew wrote:Thanks, Keith, the cmd W worked fine, but if I change the toolbar to text only I can just see the top half of the close button.
I do not recommend that you use text only for the toolbar. Icons only is fine.

Keith