Audio & Video for Source, Story & HTML Web Pages

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:44 am

Originally posted by kchez

I see in the next version of iFamily, additional Multimedia file types will be added, but have you thought about supporting other media files in addition to the image and PDF files.

I've tried to drag/drop a MOV file on to the Source Picture, and it copies only the application icon image and I'm unable to play it.

Or, will I have to resort to placing all multimedia files within a person's picture pane as
described in the What's New topic?ówhich isn't a bad thing, but it would be nice to document it as a Source as well.
What's New in V2.422 - not yet released http://ifamilyforleopard.com/forums/YaB ... 1217428117

For that matter, I could see adding a recorded interview of one of my relatives who just told me the best story about how they came to America and placing it on his/her Story pane.

And how about when I'd go to publish an HTML Web Page, their would be an option to export the Multimedia files for individuals and sources.

ó I can only dream.
:) Kathy

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:13 am

kchez wrote:I see in the next version of iFamily, additional Multimedia file types will be added, but have you thought about supporting other media files in addition to the image and PDF files.

I've tried to drag/drop a MOV file on to the Source Picture, and it copies only the application icon image and I'm unable to play it.

Or, will I have to resort to placing all multimedia files within a person's picture pane as described in the What's New topic?ówhich isn't a bad thing, but it would be nice to document it as a Source as well. What's New in V2.422 - not yet released http://ifamilyforleopard.com/forums/YaB ... 1217428117

For that matter, I could see adding a recorded interview of one of my relatives who just told me the best story about how they came to America and placing it on his/her Story pane.

And how about when I'd go to publish an HTML Web Page, their would be an option to export the Multimedia files for individuals and sources.

ó I can only dream.
Hi Kathy
  • In the Pictures pane you can double click on any thumbnail to invoke the default application to view or play the original file. Or you can can Right click on any thumbnail and select Open or Open With... to view it or play it with whichever application is the default as far as Launch Services (and Finder) is concerned.
  • In the Sources Add/Edit dialog you can also include a text, pdf, sound or movie file. You can Right click on the thumbnail to view or play the original.
  • In the HTML output you can select Include Original Pictures so that in your web browser you then can click on any image and view or play the original.
    Right now you could generate HTML web pages complete with images, text files and sound files. You can upload them to a web site. In V2.422 you can include your movies in the HTML output - if you have enough space and bandwidth.
  • And if you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch then see what happens when you log into your web site and download you iFamily web pages. To navigate tap on the hyper-links - the people in the Context Diagram are hyper-links too.
So some your dreams have already been realised.

Did that answer the question?

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:40 am

Originally posted by kchez

It certainly did! Thank you. I tried it and it worked great. I had forgotten about the contextual menu when you right-click on an image. I've updated to the new version and will be adding more files soon. I'm a happy camper!