Merging two people should allow merging ALL fields

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:48 am

Originally posted by zegor

When I merge two people there seems to be a limit to w what I can merge. Specifically, it seems that I lose all the source material from the one (it cannot be transported to the merged person). Deleting the LH person then loses these source references.

Is this correct? If so, please change iFamily to allow the (optional) merging of ALL fields.

If not, then please tell me how to avoid this problem.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:56 am

Originally posted by curriouscat

One way is to always make certain that the person with that important info is the RIGHT hand person and the person with the least info is the LH person. :)

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:57 am

zegor wrote:When I merge two people there seems to be a limit to w what I can merge. Specifically, it seems that I lose all the source material from the one (it cannot be transported to the merged person). Deleting the LH person then loses these source references. Is this correct? If so, please change iFamily to allow the (optional) merging of ALL fields. If not, then please tell me how to avoid this problem.
Hi Geoff
It is on the ToDo list and has it has just moved up to the top of the list.
Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:03 am

zegor wrote:When I merge two people there seems to be a limit to w what I can merge. Specifically, it seems that I lose all the source material from the one (it cannot be transported to the merged person). Deleting the LH person then loses these source references. Is this correct? If so, please change iFamily to allow the (optional) merging of ALL fields. If not, then please tell me how to avoid this problem.
Hi Sigurd
I have sent you V2.422 which includes merging of Source References. Please accept my apologies for taking so long.
Keith