Merging People/Information

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:50 am

Originally posted by JackHenry

Lets say I have two databases with several people that are in both. In data base 'A' the date of birth is correct but in database 'B' his date of death is correct. Currently, I can only add the information on the left side of the merge window to information on the right window via the little 'arrows' in the centre.

Is it possible for the 'arrows' to point both ways. So that I can add the information from A to B and B to A in the same window??

The above is probably not a good example of the issue, but I think you get the idea.

Regards
John

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:14 pm

JackHenry wrote:Lets say I have two databases with several people that are in both. In data base 'A' the date of birth is correct but in database 'B' his date of death is correct. Currently, I can only add the information on the left side of the merge window to information on the right window via the little 'arrows' in the centre.

Is it possible for the 'arrows' to point both ways. So that I can add the information from A to B and B to A in the same window??

The above is probably not a good example of the issue, but I think you get the idea.

Regards
John
Hi Jack

Merging genealogy databases is complex. I hear what you say but I would rather leave the merge to be in one direction only. It is normal to merge into a master database.

Keith