Spouse dates on Ancestor/Descendant charts

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:50 am

Originally posted by gavroche

When customizing the defaults for the ancestor/descendant charts, it appears if I uncheck birth dates and death dates, but check spouses, the charts still contain the birth and death dates for the spouse. I'd like to hide the dates for everyone if possible.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:18 am

gavroche wrote:When customizing the defaults for the ancestor/descendant charts, it appears if I uncheck birth dates and death dates, but check spouses, the charts still contain the birth and death dates for the spouse. I'd like to hide the dates for everyone if possible.
The birth and death dates are very important if you have a lot of people with the same name. In some large databases there may be hundreds of people with the same name - especially in 18th century Danish families. The Welsh also had some odd naming conventions in the 18th century. In such cases it is essential to display the birth and death years.
Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:42 am

I understand the importance of entering the dates for record keeping, but when printing out the charts to share with extended cousins, who are only known in some cases through internet contact, there is hesitation with some living family members to share dates.

So I deselect the dates, but this only removes the dates for those in the direct ancestral/descendant lines. The dates for the spouses remain, whether or not they are living or deceased.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:59 am

gavroche wrote:I understand the importance of entering the dates for record keeping, but when printing out the charts to share with extended cousins, who are only known in some cases through internet contact, there is hesitation with some living family members to share dates. So I deselect the dates, but this only removes the dates for those in the direct ancestral/descendant lines. The dates for the spouses remain, whether or not they are living or deceased.
In V2.415 I have added option to " Exclude birth dates of the Living" - will do what you need?

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:53 am

Yes, thanks!