Order of siblings

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Order of siblings

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:43 am

Originally posted by Melissa

Hi Keith,
I am using V2.398. When I put in the names of children of a couple and I know their birth order but do not know their birth dates, I find that the program then automatically sorts them into alphabetical order. Is it possible to get the program to leave them in the order I have enrolled them? I do know that I can put in approximate dates using bef. and aft. but the problem with this is when they come up on the regular diagram on the screen, the bef, and aft. drop off and it looks like a fact that they were born in the year that was actually an estimate. Also in some cases I have absolutely no idea of even the rough date of birth and then this guesstimate becomes misleading.
So 2 things
1. can the program leave the children in the order enrolled and
2. can the diagram on the screen with the individual boxes show the year as bef. or aft. if that is how the information is inputted.

Can you help me please?

Thanks

Melissa

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Order of siblings

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:48 am

Hi Melissa

To get your children sorted correctly you must enter birth date for each one- an approximate birth date will do.

I will have a look at adding a symbol to indicate approximate dates in the diagrams, maybe a tilde before the year.

Keith