Atlas style page numbering

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Originally posted by William Fuller

In many atlases page are numbered along the edges indicating which pages abut for easy reading when there are many ancestors or descendants.
Bill

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:39 pm

In many atlases page are numbered along the edges indicating which pages abut for easy reading when there are many ancestors or descendants. Bill
For multipage prints of diagrams iFamily prints a small RxxCyy in the lower LH corner of each page to indicate Row and Column for that page. Is that what you are looking for? I have not printed a multipage diagram for over 12 months - since I found that I could generate one PDF file and send it via email to Fedex/Kinko - and yes, this also works DownUnder. You save time plus the cost of the magic tape and it looks so much more professional than a paste-up.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:27 am

Originally posted by Bob

Keith
Your mention of emailing PDF files to FEDEX/ KINKO is a good idea. I would be interested in others experiences with this or other firms in Australia, prices, options etc. Do we need another discussion forum?

Bob

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Originally posted by William Fuller

What I had in mind was a line " This data continued on page pp" along each edge. A big chart could then be put in a loose leaf note book and read like a road atlas. The RxxCyy is OK but requires a bit more sophistication. On the other hand the suggestion about Kinko's is great. At 50 cents a square foot (Here in Lafayette Indiana) It sure beats trying to paste up several sheet. I had a 12 generation descendant (2 foot by 4 foot) chart printed for $4 US.
Bill